On 7/23/18 6:09 AM, Chris Hegarty wrote:

After given this some more thought, I now think that I gave in to the
comment to change whitespace handing too easy. While maybe not
consistent, with the already inconsistent, whitespace handling in
java.security, I think ( for this particular case ) the original - trim
leading and trailing - is the right thing to do. It avoids your above
scenario where someone accidentally adds a leading space, which could be
difficult to debug/find without a warning - which we should avoid if
possible.

Thanks for making that change.

I’d like to re-propose the original webrev for consideration ( whitespace
handling is the only change ):

   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8207846/webrev.00/

A few nits and wording suggestions in the java.security file:

"By default, several exception messages do not include potentially sensitive information such as file names, host names, or port numbers."

I think the following sounds a bit better:

"By default, exception messages should not include potentially sensitive
information such as file names, host names, or port numbers."

Also, the 2nd and 3rd sentences basically say the same thing. I would remove the 2nd sentence.

"The categories, to enable enhanced exception message information, are:"

I would remove ", to enable enhanced exception message information," since it seems redundant (and I believe is grammatically incorrect).

hostInfo - IOExceptions thrown by java.net.Socket and also the ...

Remove "also" (not really necessary).

--Sean