On 9/6/2018 10:04 AM, Adam Petcher wrote:
On 9/6/2018 12:10 PM, Xuelei Fan wrote:

The algorithm name is not quite sufficient. See the new methods that were added to ECUtil that encode/decode public keys. We also need to know the key length (which is in XECParameters) in order to encode/decode public keys.

I did not get your point.  The public key sizes for x25519 and x448 are fixed, right?

Yes, the key sizes are fixed. All we need in ECUtil is a mapping from curve name to this (fixed) size. Are you suggesting some other solution, other than using the XECParameters to map curve names to key sizes?
Using name only (NamedParameterSpec?) and have the JCE provider handle it, then you don't need to move XECParameters into java.base module.

Xuelei