On 4/14/20 3:27 AM, Weijun Wang wrote:
After some discussion, we decide to keep the classes in JDK 15 but add a
`forRemoval=true` argument. Related jarsigner help screen and warning message
are also updated.

Please review everything updated at:

   Release note : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8242261

Reviewed. I think it is probably better to flag this with an RN-Deprecated label since this is about marking it for removal and will show up in a section of the release notes about deprecation. You could check with others on this though.

            CSR : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8242262
         webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8242260/webrev.01/ (a new
URL!)

- add 2020 date to copyright in package-info.java

- Resources.java:

94 {".altsigner.class.class.name.of.an.alternative.signing.mechanism", 95 "[-altsigner <class>] class name of an alternative signing mechanism\n" + 96 " (This option has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release.)"}, 97 {".altsignerpath.pathlist.location.of.an.alternative.signing.mechanism", 98 "[-altsignerpath <pathlist>] location of an alternative signing mechanism\n" + 99 " (This option has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release.)"},

I would change "has been deprecated" to "is deprecated" which is consistent with the "This.option.is.forremoval" message and seems a bit clearer.

--Sean

Thanks,
Max