On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 16:43:53 GMT, Volker Simonis <simo...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Alan makes a good point.  Perhaps we keep things simple and focus solely on
>> tweaking the description of the change in
>> behavior which is described in your last paragraph
>
> I totally agree. What about using just the last sentence (as you've proposed)
> in the spec section and add the other to
> as @implNote? O you think the last sentence will be enough?

I think we can just go with the last sentence/paragraph.  Perhaps  we can
further simplify the  paragraph/sentence with
something like:

The compressed entry size will be recalculated  for compressed (DEFLATED)
entries when  ZipEntry::setCompressedSize has
not been explicitly called on the ZipEntry.

or

The compressed (DEFLATED) entry size will be recalculated when