On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 20:56:28 GMT, Valerie Peng <valer...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Anthony Scarpino has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Xuelei comments
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/com/sun/crypto/provider/CipherCore.java line 1258:
>
>> 1256:         } else {
>> 1257:             if (buffered > 0) {
>> 1258:                 cipher.encrypt(buffer, 0, buffered, new byte[0], 0);
>
> Same comment as above?

So there is a problem here, but not a short buffer.  I hadn't realized that
encrypt(byte[]..) didn't put data in the
GaloisCounterMode.ibuffer because I did that with encrypt(ByteBuffer..).  I
added a GCM only method that will cover
this and place the data in the ibuffer for doFinal(ByteBuffer..) can complete
the op.