On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 01:08:44 GMT, Anthony Scarpino <ascarp...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/classes/com/sun/crypto/provider/AESCipher.java line 658:
>>
>>> 656:             BadPaddingException {
>>> 657:         return bufferCrypt(input, output, false);
>>> 658:     }
>>
>> Is the override of this method for using a different bufferCrypt impl? There
>> is also engineUpdate(ByteBuffer,
>> ByteBuffer) in CipherSpi, is there a reason for not overriding that here?
>
> Yes. thanks.. The IDE covered that up by going to the one in CipherSpi and I
> thought it was calling the AES one.  TLS
> doesn't use update() so the perf numbers won't change.  I'll have to run the
> tests again.

I'm not going to do the update() method, leaving it as is.  There is some
complications with the Encrypt.java test were
the update is done with a direct bytebuffer, but the doFinal() is an empty
buffer, which sends it to the byte[]
doFinal().  CipherCore mitigates this situation inefficiently and I'd rather
optimize that in future changeset that I'm
already planning for byte[] methods.