On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 20:28:28 GMT, Martin Balao <mba...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> When a multi-part cipher operation fails in SunPKCS11 (i.e. because of an
>> invalid block size), we now cancel the operation before returning the
>> underlying Session to the Session Manager. This allows to use the returned
>> Session for a different purpose. Otherwise, an CKR_OPERATION_ACTIVE error
>> would be raised from the PKCS#11 library.
>>
>> The jdk/sun/security/pkcs11/Cipher/CancelMultipart.java regression test is
>> introduced as part of this PR.
>>
>> No regressions found in jdk/sun/security/pkcs11.
>
> Martin Balao has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Removing the encryption-update path in CancelMultipart test as it depends
> on a know bug to cause a PKCS#11 error.

src/jdk.crypto.cryptoki/share/classes/sun/security/pkcs11/P11AEADCipher.java
line 631:

> 629:             // these cases are not expected here because the output
> length
> 630:             // is checked in the OpenJDK side before making the PKCS#11
> call.
> 631:             // Thus, doCancel can safely be 'false'.

Since the code is following the spec, I am not sure if this comment provides
additional info? Fine to leave it if you prefer to have it. Just a thought.
This goes for the same comments for other classes where we are not changing the
behavior.