On 18/06/2021 03:51, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
:
Given all that, do you think that we should be printing the jar file paths in
this WARNING message by default? I read the linked CSR, but I didn't see why
the location of the jar or the name of the jar would be useful in this warning
message. As long as the caller class (and perhaps the caller method) is
printed, I think that should be enough of a summary on what's triggering this
warning.

It's not hugely different to the "Illegal reflective access" warnings except I wouldn't expect many libraries to call setSecurityManager in a running system. Instead, it tends to be the main application that installs the SM at startup. However if code in a library were to call it then it useful to identify where that code is.

-Alan.