On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 17:35:35 GMT, Korov <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Removing unused parameter `defval` in `SocketPermission.initEphemeralPorts`,
> so the variable `PRIV_PORT_MAX` and `DEF_EPH_LOW` unused too.
>
> Removing unused parameter `cname` in `SocketPermission.authorizedIPv4` and
> `SocketPermission.authorizedIPv6`.
>
> Parameter 'action' must be not empty so `a.length > 0`, the check `a.length -
> 1 < 0` can be removed.

The proposed cleanup looks OK and reduces potential confusion - since the
removed parameters were actually not used. However I wonder if we want to
change this class at this time. I added the label `security` to get some input
from security libs maintainers.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18086#issuecomment-1973636828