> On Mar 12, 2024, at 6:34 PM, Martin Balao <mba...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> As I understand it, it's not that state is not maintained but that we are
> keeping it on the parameters side. For example, a extraction phase call will
> generate a PRK that will be kept in the parameters side for the following
> expansion phase calls.

For an extract-once expand-multiple use case, I think you can do an
extract-only deriveKey and this returns the PRK. You can then use this PRK to
do multiple expand-only deriveKeys. There is no need to store the PRK inside
the params after the 1st step. Or, are you worrying about the PRK been leaked?

Thanks,
Weijun