On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 19:48:52 GMT, Aleksey Shipilev <sh...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> See the rationale/discussion in the bug. This patch introduces the option
> that allows to restore
> pre-[JDK-8179503](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8179503) behavior. The
> default behavior does not change. Better suggestions for flag name are
> welcome.
>
> Additional testing:
>  - [x] `jdk_security` passes out of the box (includes new test config)
>  - [x]  `jdk_security` passes with flag override
>  - [x] Eyeballing `GetPostTests` amended debugging output, `GET`-s are used
> by default for small requests, `POST`-s are used for everything with flag
> override

Ideally, we should also modify the tests in
`test/jdk/security/infra/java/security/cert/CertPathValidator/certification` to
test OCSP with POST. I think it should be easy enough to add an additional line
to each test like:

` * @run main/othervm/timeout=180 -Djava.security.debug=certpath
-Dcom.sun.security.ocsp.useget=false ActalisCA OCSP`

 This means we would be testing real OCSP responders supported by CAs in the
Java Root Program, and not just a test responder that we created.

 @rhalade would this change be ok with you?

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18408#issuecomment-2013663116