After reading the numerous replies, I have a few observations.

Moataz states: "I can't afford receiving single messages".  My answer:
When you receive the digest, you actually have to download more since
there is the message telling you what messages are in the digest plus
the messages.  If you have to pay per minute, single posts are
cheaper.

Sue Hagen states "I do not like to get individual e-mails for my "fun"
stuff since I also run my business e-mail in the same box."  My
answer:  Use filters on your email to move individual posts into their
own box.  That way, you can filter other content coming in also.  This
will help keep further clutter out of your inbox so the business mail
will be the primary things there.  Since you are using Netscape for
mail, I can't tell you exactly how to do it, but I know the function
is there. (I haven't used Netscape since Ver3)

Dr. A. Azeem, the same goes for you.  Since you are using Eudora 4 for
mail, filters are easy as that is what it was designed for.

Billy Joe Gabriel, couldn't tell what you are using for an email
client so can't tell if you have filtering capabilities.

Fleah states "Webtv bounces too easily." Me: As a person in the
computer repair field, you don't EVEN want to know my views on WebTV
;-)  (Hint, you get what you pay for!!)

Dellphoto@aol states "I would like to continue to get the digest
version, because I do get a lot of mail as it is." Me: AOL has mail
filtering options also according to their propaganda, I mean
literature.  (BTW, I like AOL almost as much as WebTV ;-)

R.Larsen states "I need the digest form, so alternative (2) is not
good for me"  My answer "You are using Lotus Notes for mail which has
great filtering capabilities.  You may have to get your network
administrator to allow you to change preferences though."

John Mooney, see my reply to Sue Hagen.

Steve Howe states "I would prefer a service with a digest capability."
Me:  You are using Internet Mail service that easily filters messages.
Just click on "organize"

Dave at Dayton Labs states "You're doing great guy! Keep up your
important work."  Me:  I couldn't have said it better myself!!

</soapbox>

Eric Johnson
Adways Enterprises
Custom Built Computer Systems, Upgrades, and Repair
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/DownsizeDr/adways/  <--- Free Money!!

"Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions, they are a lot easier to
 handle than dumb mistakes."