On 13 Sep 2000, 21:12, Victor Firestone wrote:

> Hi there all and everyone,
>
> Have been having a discussion today about travelers.  As follows
>
> Do travelers prefer to travel in their own country or overseas more???
> What % of overseas travelers are in the 20 - 30 y.o range? Do certain
> countries have a greater % of people that travel overseas specially in
> the 20-30 range?
>
> This follows from my memories of backpack traveling in the 80's - 90's
> when this was not as popular as it is today and the fact that only a
> small % of my fellow backpackers where from the USA
>
> Any info regarding these questions or relevant data such as databases
> about traveling or travelers and so on would be greatly appreciated.

I just have time to give you a push off, here, Victor:

I am at the About.com Geography site -- this is their Tourism and
Travel page in the site:

Tourism and Travel

http://geography.about.com/science/geography/cs/
tourismandtravel/index.htm

Note: The above URL is actually one continuous line and should be
entered into your browser's address box as one line.

"Tourism is one of the world's largest industries and the geographic
importance of tourism for cultural interaction can never be
underestimated. Learn all about this fascinating subject through these
great resources."

Follow all the yellow brick roads that site lists for you.

And lookie here...About.com has a backpacking site:

http://backpacking.about.com/recreation/backpacking/mbody.htm

See what you can learn, there.

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]