On 4 Nov 2000, 16:42, Harry Jones wrote:

> I have looked all over and can't find this, hope somebody can help.
> James Beard wrote a book that had plans for building a bbq pit. Looking
> for the name of the book, or better yet, the plans online.

Here is James Beard's Barbeque Book online:

http://www.epicurious.com/e_eating/e05_beard/cookbooks/bbq/toc.html

I am not sure if that is the full book or just excerpts.

In checking on this, it would seem Beard wrote several Barbeque books.
Not sure which one has your pit plans.

Let me suggest you check at Bibliofind:

http://www.bibliofind.com/

In the form, enter "Beard" as the author and type "Barbeque" in the
title field and that will give you a listing of Beard's Barbeque books
and links to sites that have the books for sale.

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]