Tim,

One tool that helps me keep track of the resource usage of certain programs is
WinTop.  It is one of Microsoft's Windows 95 Kernel toys.  (Should work on 98,
though I've not tried it.)  You can download them at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/wutoys/w95kerneltoy/

I wonder how I got by before I started using this program.  Although it won't
tell you dynamically how much memory or disk access each process (program) is
using, you can clearly see how much CPU time it uses.  That can help you see if
the program is a resource hog.  Also, you can click Properties for each process
and see how much memory is allocated, both virtual and actual.

It's like Ctrl-Alt-Del on steroids.  Maybe it will help you figure out your
"memory leak" problem.

Ed