On 20 Feb 2001, 20:18, mailman wrote:

> I can't seem to get anywhere with searching for a proper
> keyboard-video-mouse switch between my main PC running Win98 and my web
> server running Linux (Red Hat 7.0, if that makes any difference).
>
> Will any KVM switch do? Or do I have to make sure that the selected one
> works with Linux? A lot of these smart switches are pretty OS-dependent,
> but I can't find anything re. Linux.
>
> Appreciate any lead you all can come up with. Personal
> experience/recommendation is even better.

I think if you will search Google Groups (formelly Deja.com) you will
get a pretty good idea of the pluses and minuses and the pitfalls to
avoid.  For one thing, I get the idea that the electronic KVM switches
are the best to use.

http://groups.google.com/

I just entered "KVM switch" as my keywords.

You might also post to one of the Red Hat newsgroups if you have access
to them.

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]