>===== Original Message From "Alan S. Harrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>On 16 Mar 2001, at 23:58, u_a1vieira wrote:
>
>Are you sure AOL has IMAP service for their account?
>
>Let's try this...
>
>Tools | Accounts | Mail {tab}
>
>Click over your AOL account name and then click the Properties button.
>
>Now select the Connection {tab}
>
>Put a check mark into the box that reads "Always connect this account
>using:" ...and then set the connection to Local Area Network.
>

>Alan
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm not using Outlook Express to read e-mail from an AOL address.  Currently,
I am using another computer for a week.  This computer connects to the
internet with AOL and does not have Netscape Messenger, which can read from an
IMAP account.  Actually, the server, umassd.edu, is a POP3 server, but I would
like to have my e-mail program see it as an IMAP so that unread mail will
still be on the server to be download to my other computer in a week.  I can
read my e-mail using a Webmail web site, but it would be more convenient for
me to read my e-mail from an e-mail program, such as Messenger or Express.  I
don't want to spend hours downloading Netscape, unless I have to, so I would
like to see if I can use Oulook Express first.

Andrew