On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 02:21:50AM -0600, Jason R Huggins wrote:
> I'd like to get opinions on preferred test syntax from Selenium users...
>
> (I'm cc'ing the dev list on this 'cause this it does have an effect on
> development, but let's keep the thread on the user's list for the time
> being.)
>
> Which syntax would you prefer as the source syntax of your test scripts:
> Option 2 ---->  type "user_name" "jason"
> Option 3 ---->          type "jason" into field named "user_name"
> Option 4 ---->          field(name="user_name").type("jason")
>
> As a programmer, which would you prefer and why?
> Which option do you think your end users would prefer and why?

I hate typing endless tds and trs, so I created a simple perl script
that converts wiki style tables into the regular html format:

  | type | user_name | jason |

The great thing about Selenium Recorder is that you can set it up to
record in this simpler format (or any other format).

So we build the scripts and put them in perforce in wiki style, and
then generate the html before testing.  It seems to work well.

The script also automatically creates a TestSuite.html based on all
the .html and .wiki files in the tests directory.

If anyone is interested, I could forward it on to the list.  Maybe it
would be useful to bundle such helper scripts with selenium?

Luke

--
Luke Closs
PureMessage Developer