I have been tinkering with Semantic MediaWiki a bit on and off. Today when I
tried to setup a new install from SVN on a Mediawiki 1.10 installation I
experienced a failure going to the Special:SMWAdmin page. Apparently
sysopRequired has been disabled (it appears to have been deprecated for
quite some time).
Attached is a patch that fixed the problem for me. I am not an expert on the
internals of MediaWiki, but I believe this is the correct credential, in my
limited testing it prevented the page from working when I was not logged in
on an admin account, and worked when I was logged in as an admin.

Louis