Thanks for the info. I mainly just wanted to make sure it was not some
sort of oversight, since deprecating (as opposed to removing them)
made no sense to me.

I am using 1.0pre-alpha for a project that is nowhere near ready to
deploy, and thus having a totally stable build right now is not a
major issue (and I am more than happy to throw away my base dataset
and reload it with each build). Hence I would much rather be tracking
1.0 right now than deploying on 0.7 in 6 months and upgrading. I have
been working on getting the various extensions I use all playing nice
with each other.

The fact that I hit this right as you committed was dumb luck. I wish
I could claim I was diligently watching your commit logs thinking
through changes as you did them, but you actually literally broke code
I had written less than 24 hours before, so my first assumption was I
had just done something wrong. I was sort of embarrassed I had missed
the deprecated warnings, until I ran "svn blame" and saw they had been
added after I wrote the code ;-)

Anyway, thanks for the insight into how deprecation versus removal
happen in the project. And thanks for the excellent project. I will
almost certainly be posting some more questions in near future.

Louis