cnit wrote:

> Are the old MW 1.10/SMW 0.7 XML backups compatible with
> MW 1.11/SMW 1.0RC1?

Whoa, slow down.  Does your new installation work?  When you follow the
exact instructions in the INSTALL file under "Testing your
Installation", do you get the expected results?

Since you're having problems with categories (see later), try making a
few nested subcategories and doing queries on them.

>  I am trying to import my backup into the new
> installation,  but it throws such error (smw_error1.txt).

I don't know if the old backups are compatible.  With each SMW and
MediaWiki update I made a backup but I made the upgrade in-place and ran
the updates scripts and SMWAdmin with no incident, so I never had to try
the backups.

So everything I write is guessing 8-/

   Error in fetchObject(): Table 'yarsu.cats4' doesn't exist (127.0.0.1)

I think "catNNN" are temporary tables that SMW creates in
getCategoryTable() when it makes "a (temporary) table that contains the
lower closure of the given category wrt. the category table."  I'm not
sure why it's failing.  It could be a database-level problem, such as a
permissions issue.  What PHP and MySQL versions are you running?  If you
can make a smaller XML file that fails to import, you can modify
MediaWiki's LocalSettings.php to turn on extra SQL logging, for example:

   ## === from http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/How_to_debug_MediaWiki ===
   /**
    * The debug log file should be not be publicly accessible if it is
used, as it
    * may contain private data. */
   $wgDebugLogFile         = 'mediawiki_debug_log.txt';
   # Override DefaultSettings.php
   $wgShowSQLErrors = true;
   ## === from http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgDebugDumpSql
   $wgDebugDumpSql         = true;

and send part of the log file.

In the failures you attached, the MediaWiki import script is parsing the
XML of a page that apparently has an <ask> inline query in it, so it's
calling smwfProcessInlineQuery()

Can you try making a simple query for a category from Special:Ask?  E.g.
[[Help:+]]

I guess you could try removing the inline query (search for ask) from
the XML file and try reimporting.

> After that, I've decided to remove all the Attribute:
> namespace pages from the dump.

It's the inline queries for category that seem to be causing grief, so I
think you should focus on removing those first.

I think you can and should run the SMW_unifyProperties.php maintenance
script after import.

> Drop all the tables,
> recreate the /config, do Special:SMWAdmin, now it throws another
> error (smw_error2.txt)

Almost the same error but now
   Error in fetchObject(): Table 'yarsu.cats1' doesn't exist (127.0.0.1)

so again, the temporary queries of category tables don't work.

> Next, I've removed Relation: namespace pages from the dump.
> Now it produces the following error (smw_error3.txt)
>
> One of the functions parameter is '<div class="tbl...'
> what's strange, there's no such string in the dump file.

I think that must be a table produced by something.  SMW doesn't use
class="tbl...".  So maybe you have some other extension or template
that's generating tables.

> Maybe someone can give me an advice which other pages shall I
> remove from the dump, to do not interfere with SMW 1.0RC1? I can
> recreate Attribute pages manually to the Property namespace,
> just a few pages - not much of work...

I would remove anything that has an <ask> query in it, and/or anything
that has the mysterious extension or template that's generating the
class="tbl stuff.

I hope these guesses help.
--
=S Page