On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, S Page wrote:

> cnit wrote:
>
>> Are the old MW 1.10/SMW 0.7 XML backups compatible with
>> MW 1.11/SMW 1.0RC1?
>
> Whoa, slow down.  Does your new installation work?  When you follow the
> exact instructions in the INSTALL file under "Testing your
> Installation", do you get the expected results?
>
> Since you're having problems with categories (see later), try making a
> few nested subcategories and doing queries on them.
>
>>  I am trying to import my backup into the new
>> installation,  but it throws such error (smw_error1.txt).
>
> I don't know if the old backups are compatible.  With each SMW and
> MediaWiki update I made a backup but I made the upgrade in-place and ran
> the updates scripts and SMWAdmin with no incident, so I never had to try
> the backups.

As someone with no backup to speak of nor a SMW lead developer, it sounds
like the best thing to do is to restore the backup into the version it was
taken from, and then use the built-in upgrade system to live upgrade
between point releases of SMW/MW to upgrade your data format.

-- Asheesh.

--
A diplomatic husband said to his wife, "How do you expect me to remember
your birthday when you never look any older?"