Yes, I ran SMW_refreshData twice - first with -p and second without.
The problem I ran into is that Property page complained like this:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member funct
ion getText() on a non-object in /<path to mw>/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki
/includes/articlepages/SMW_PropertyPage.php on line 68, referer: http://<mw
base url>/index.php?title=Special%3AAllpages&from=&namespace=102

so I enabled SQL debug and looked at the queries and realized that only few
of the pages that were returned by  SMW::getAllPropertySubjects had entries
in mw_page (hmm, it seems that I got you confused saying that I lacked
entries in mw_smw_attributes - looks like I got them referencing wrong ids
or non-existing pages).

I'm thinking of dropping all SMW tables and re-running the SMW_Setup.php and
then SMW_refreshData twice. Do you think is a right approach to rebuild
stuff from scratch? BTW, is it OK to split SMW_refreshData task to several
tasks and run them simultaneously for better use of multiple CPUs I have?

       Sergey