On Freitag, 14. März 2008, Sergey Chernyshev wrote:
> Other stores is a good news. Do you have any particular stores in mind or
> is it going to use SPARQL/UPDATE or something?

We started with RAP, since its binding to PHP is easiest. But the improved
architecture gives very easy access to RDF/OWL-like data that can be written
to basically any semantic store that one can address from PHP.

> I think several people voiced their interest in SMW scaling and
> incorporating into a more standard chain of tools.

Yes, that is also why we pushed that development. Having SPARQL interfaces
should further simplify the integration with other tools.

> But besides that, I believe that incorporating features already available
> withing MW instance (through SMW extension) into API is a good idea in
> general - otherwise people will use screen scraping ;)

Yes, SMW already exports all of its data in a very standard way, but people
obviously are too lazy to reuse raw data -- they want to just forward their
queries directly ;-) We also look at SMW-to-SMW data exchange as an
interesting project (i.e. querying an external SMW-instance via #ask).
Volunteers for that project are certainly welcome :-)

Markus