Hi,

we have a new dedicated site for trying out Semantic MediaWiki:

http://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org

This site can be used for all scary and immoral experiments you may want to do
with SMW. The current content has been copied from ontoworld.org a.k.a
semanticweb.org, so there is enough to play with. Do not use
semanticweb.org/ontoworld.org for experiments any more.

So ontoworld.org has finally been split properly into three wikis:

* http://semantic-mediawiki.org  for SMW documentation
* http://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org  for SMW testing
* http://www.semanticweb.org  as Semantic Web wiki

Obviously, http://www.semanticweb.org now could really use some clean-up. We
appreciate any help in deleting all pages that are not on-topic. Basically,
we wish to keep only pages related to sem-web technology and events, people,
and geographical information (countries, cities). All test pages should
vanish sometime soon. We also would like to rework the main portal to become
more user-oriented, but this will probably need some more time. Volunteers
for helping us to shape the "Semantic Web Homepage" are of course welcome.

Best regards,

Markus

P.S. The next release of SMW is also coming forward. It includes some new
experimental features like iCal export [1] and RDF storage binding (includes
SPARQL service).

[1] http://www.semanticweb.org/calendar/

--
Markus Krötzsch
Institut AIFB, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe