The idea of an SMW "extensions" directory sounds very interesting, and maybe
presents itself as a long-term solution to the problem of getting all the
SMW extensions into one package - the vaunted "Semantic Bundle". Yes, I'm
doing what I can to try to get people to know about all the extensions, but
there's no substitute for getting all the code to be downloaded at the same
time; so maybe one day all the extensions, large and small, can end up in
that directory. I would personally go with an "extensions" directory
directly within the SMW folder. This would also make SVN updating of all the
semantic extensions very easy, per Gadget Doctor's question. I have one
small technical concern - will the translation setup at Betawiki support
multiple language files within one main extension directory? But other than
that, I think this is an interesting idea to try out - I would try it out
for one or two of those small extensions, and see how it goes.

-Yaron