It would probably be easier to develop something similar to the Extension distributor and install it on semantic-mediawiki.org. Basically you would give it a list of extension folders, and when someone requests it would build a tarball of all those folders, making sure to svn up first. You could actually make it use checkboxes then people could get custom packaged versions with the extensions they selected.

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman, Nadir-Seen-Fire) of:
-The Nadir-Point Group (http://nadir-point.com)
--It's Wiki-Tools subgroup (http://wiki-tools.com)
--The ElectronicMe project (http://electronic-me.org)
--Games-G.P.S. (http://ggps.org)
-And Wikia ACG on Wikia.com (http://wikia.com/wiki/Wikia_ACG)
--Animepedia (http://anime.wikia.com)
--Narutopedia (http://naruto.wikia.com)

Sergey Chernyshev wrote:
To tell you the truth, I don't see any benefit of having extensions to be
inside SMWExt folder - it's not a huge trouble to increase number of folders
in mediawiki/trunk/extensions/ and considering generic tools for
distribution (and hopefully installation in the future) I'd vote for keeping
them all the same way it's done right now.

Still, as Yaron Mentioned, Semantic Bundle (
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Semantic_Bundle) is a very useful thing
(sorry, couldn't get more time to making something more usable then just a
page for it). I think it's worth the effort to have some sort of easy
installer for them all - I was thinking about combining them all using SVN
externals which can point to corresponding folders in
mediawiki/trunk/extensions/ or just have a make file that creates a combined
tarball.

           Sergey