No nothing performance related at all, just pure ignorance and laziness on my
part in a quick hack in some extension.
Calling getPrefixedText() gives the proper result (with both SMW versions) and
also sets the mPrefixedText value in the title object (with the new SMW).
You are right, there always comes the time where one has to pay for shortcuts.

Thanks,
Gu