On Donnerstag, 20. August 2009, Daniel Friesen wrote:
> All these patch e-mails coming in is getting tiring. I'm getting emails
> that are pointless for me coming into gmane (and there's a bug at the
> moment that re-marks this list as unread when everything is read; so I
> end up back on the long patch e-mail which bogs up my habit of using the
> spacebar to look through new e-mails).
> Can't we setup something like svn access, a git repo, or somewhere to
> upload the patches?

The standard place to upload patches would be the related bug reoprt/feature
request on Bugzilla. This case was somewhat special, since there were so many
changes that it seemed too much to create a report for each. But I will keep
this in mind -- next time when a larger number of consecutive patches is
contributed, we could probably keep those mails private.

Of course, git would indeed address such a scenario, but then we have to deal
with multiple version control systems to be synched, which is not so
convenient either. It would be nice of MW was using git.

Markus

--
Markus Krötzsch  <mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org>
* Personal page: http://korrekt.org