Hi Markus,

On 2010-01-06 09:27 UTC Markus Krötzsch wrote:
> The change will also introduce some fixed limit on how many values a
>  multi- valued property can at most have. It is currently set to 5.
>  If you have any such properties with more than 5 values then please
>  let me know.

Is this really necessary? I once had an application that would have used
around 30 values in one multi-valued property (project details to be
stored on an invoice page - which can cover multiple projects) - I
didn't go for multi-valued properties though, since it's impossible to
get the data out again in a useful way (which has been brought up a lot
of times on these lists, by me and many others). I'm using Semantic
Internal Objects now, but as Yaron pointed out, there are issues with
it, that would require changes in SMW.

I really hope that your recent code changes will finally make it
possible to have "bundles of values that belong together" stored in a
property (or an internal object, or whatever other thing), and that it's
possible to get them out again in a useful way - not introduce new
limitations to that feature, that is really necessary as soon as you do
something non-trivial with SMW.

If there must be a fixed limit, couldn't it be something like 2^14 -
like Excel's maximum amount of columns (iirc)?

Patrick.

--
Key ID: 0x86E346D4            http://patrick-nagel.net/key.asc
Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4