On Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2010, zehet...@molgen.mpg.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what the maximum is right now, between 10 and 20 but the point
>  is that tomorrow a dataset could come along which has 50 or more parts. So
>  having any fixed value, especially one which can only be changed by
>  modifying the code itself, is a serious drawback although I assume you
>  have a reasons why this limitation is necessary. It would, howerver, be
>  great to have at least a global variable so one doesn't have to patch the
>  code after each update.

As I just wrote in my other email, the limitation is really part of a change
that waives all kinds of existing limitations on the data that SMW can handle
in principle.

The limitation rather expresses the fact that we should probably limit the
resources (both in terms of LOC and in terms of developers' time) that are to
be put into multi-valued properties, given that the use cases with large
numbers of values would probably better be served by a proper internal object
datatype that also remains to be implemented.

-- Markus

--
Markus Krötzsch  <mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org>
* Personal page: http://korrekt.org