On 09/09/2010 21:19, Alex Kozak wrote:
> I'll be devil's advocate and say I think this is somewhat unfortunate.
> But I do understand the reasons behind it.
>
> It's worth mentioning that sometimes upgrading MW can be "expensive" for
> an organization, but not as much for an extension. And this will be even
> more true when MediaWiki has an extension management interface which
> will allow extension upgrades without having access or the ability to
> upgrade the core platform.

I agree -- after all, I only noticed the problem because I had old wikis
running myself. But the problem seems to be minor since (1) I am the
first to notice it, and (2) SMW 1.5.2 is just a minor upgrade without
critical changes (such as security updates etc.), so there is not much
trouble for those who are forced to stay with SMW 1.5.1 due to an old MW
version.

-- Markus