CNIT wrote:
> 10.09.2010 9:05, Daniel Friesen пишет:
>> 1.17 has a new installer being worked on, which seams to both provide
>> installation capabilities to command line (which previously only could
>> do upgrades), and upgrade capabilities to the web interface (which
>> previously could only do installation), so my guess is that by the time
>> we get something that makes extension upgrade easier we'll already have
>> something that makes MW upgrade easier. Unless of course you decide to
>> modify the source code... not that WordPress and the other platforms
>> with self-upgrade similar to what you are thinking of even support such
>> a thing...
>>
>> ~Daniel Friesen (Dantman, Nadir-Seen-Fire) [http://daniel.friesen.name]
>>

> Core patches are not always easy to port. Also skins are still a major
> problem, they are low-level PHP code, not the set of high-level
> "templates". All of my skins are monobook-derived ones :-( Some are
> heavily modified.
WordPress skins are the same... actually, they're worse... in WordPress
the skins are horridly intermingled with globals and intermingle scope
so badly if you tried to load two for any purpose they could potentially
clash... (though, I would love a high-level template system... that
would make my own work much nicer if all sorts of CMS systems offered that)
Core patches can be re-patched most of the time. If you're not going to
at least make your patches merely hooks then I don't believe it's random
extension's job to support versions of MW that are no longer supported
and no longer receiving security backports (1.14 is vulnerable to a
number of XSS and CSRF vectors that were backported to 1.15).