Hi,

Currently we have tabular format results and, if we want
customization, we have 'template' format results.
* Tabular format is great, but is quite inflexible.
* Template format is very flexible, but complex, hard to develop and maintain.

I'd like to suggest a half way house for simple column based tabular
formatting. Something along the lines of the following:

{{#ask: [[My Cat]]
  |? My prop 1 # Template for p1
  |? My prop 2 # Template for p2
  |? My prop 3
  |? My prop 4 = P4
}}

For each row, this would call the template 'Template for p1' with just
one parameter, the value for 'My prop 1'. The resulting wikitext would
then be passed back for regular tabular layout. As implied, these 'per
column' templates could be mixed with 'unadorned' values, that would
appear just as in regular tabular output.

This would be a much lighter and easier way to 'tweak' the results of
tabular format without going to the full blown (and sometimes
unpopular) template format.

I've posted here for discussion, but we can start a feature request instead.

Cheers,
Dan.