Benedikt Kämpgen wrote:

> Hi Yury, Hi Laurent,
>
> Thanks for your answers. The thing is, I actually do not want to import a
> whole vocabulary just for "reusing" the URI foaf:knows. I would prefer to
> simply declare a property page in a wiki to have the same URI as some
> other.
> Whether foaf:knows is used directly (which would not require a reasoner
> afterwards to make use of the data), is linked using owl:sameAs (which is
> mostly done in Linked Data), or is linked using owl:equivalentProperty
> (which would semantically be the right thing) is not so relevant; but would
> it not make sense if equivalent URI for properties worked just like for
> regular pages (and maybe also for categories)?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that last part (about equivalent URIs
for pages and/or categories); but I wouldn't mind seeing more of OWL
implemented in SMW.  In particular, how about an [[equivalent
to::]]property that is mostly equivalent to [[imported
from::]], except that the target property doesn't have to be something that
was imported?  In RDF, [[equivalent to::]] would be owl:equivalentProperty.

--
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang