On 16/11/12 11:27, Yury Katkov wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I talked about the topic of semanticfication of the MediaWiki
> extension with a lot of people in SMWCon and saw the great interest to
> this topic.
>
> We have tried to describe the problem on this page:
> http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Yury_Katkov/s13n_stands_for_semantification
>
> To the users: if you're interested in topics of s13n and have the use
> case that is not described there - please describe it.
>
> To the developers: let's think together what's needed to be done in
> the SMW core to make s13n of the extensions cleaner and easier. Also
> the rough time/effort  estimate would be great (maybe SMW companies
> can sponsor the development?)

I have discussed this already with Jeroen. We can help to provide an
infrastructure for this. However, the access paths for enabling
efficient #ask queries are different from the traditional MW access
paths to metadata, so all data that is to be s8ed (;-) will need to be
replicated in SMW tables, even if the same MySQL DB is used.

Cheers,

Markus