On 16/11/12 14:32, Yury Katkov wrote:
> Hi Markus!
>
> That's very nice! How hard/long is that task?

Unknown. First we need to decide what we want to have.

> We can now use something like SMWStore::updateDataBefore hook, but not
> good approach sometimes: with voting and history s13n you'll need to
> create a lot of property values each time the data is updated.  When
> you semantify the page history you'll need to create several hundreds
> datavalues representing the revisions of the current page - that's too
> exprensive.

The idea was to have data that is not governed by page updates. There
are two basic designs:

(1) We introduce something like "named graphs". All data belongs to a
graph. Only data in the default graph is updated with the page contents;
other writing methods are provided for the rest. Maximally flexible, but
some storage overhead.

(2) We do not use graphs but bind this information to properties: some
properties are governed by page contents, other properties are governed
in other ways. Less flexible, but no storage overhead.

Cheers,

Markus