Hello Markus and the others,

we are doing this in a "SMWStore::updateDataBefore" - handler. The property
shows up in the browse function not in the "normal" article view. If this
isn't functional how can we alter an existing property value with this
handler?
Let's say we have a property called "Edited by". This property should have
the value (string) "Hans Bot" which would be set programatically in an
"SMWStore::updateDataBefore - handler" while saving an article. How to
archieve this?

For now we have this for a special/meta property which doesn't fits:

  //Edited by
        $revision = Revision::newFromTitle($title);
        $user     = User::newFromId($revision->getUser());
        if(($user->isAnon()==false)&&($wgCommandLineMode==false))://bug es
wird trotzdem geadded bei SMW_refreshData.php
            $dataItem = SMWDIWikiPage::newFromTitle($user->getUserPage());
            $property = new SMWDIProperty('___SDWED');
            if(!is_null($dataItem)):
                $data->addPropertyObjectValue($property, $dataItem);
            endif;
        endif;

>The Factbox is populated while parsing the page. Every meta property that
is added at this time will appear in the Factbox. As a matter of >principle,
meta properties that are not known yet when building the page cannot be
shown in the Factbox (simple way to judge this: is the >property already
known when creating an edit preview?).

>If a property is added in time and still does not appear in the Factbox, it
might be that its display is disabled. This is defined when >registering new
properties. One can also check if the property is shown in Special:Browse
(if not, then it may be invisible; maybe it does >not even have a
user-readable label).

>Cheers

>Markus

Hello SMW community,

I know it is sometimes a little bit hard to get response from this list. But
I will try it again with a longer description.
We are working with SMW and MW, contributed extensions to MW since several
years now and want to develope some special SMW-based MW-extensions. We are
not able to visit SMW-Conferences- so we only can reach the currently
published mailinglists, documentations and videos.

Thanks to the extension "Semantic Extra Special Properties" it is now
transparent how to create properties with PHP for the first time by a simple
and god to use example code. We also managed to read, delete properties and
add cumulative values to a property (maybe the wrong way). To get a little
bit progress in this CRUD-related cases I want to aks the following
questions in the hope someone can provide anwers/resources. I post no code
here because my last mail was truncated and trashed ;-).

1. Unfortunately we did not succeed in using the SMWWriter extension. Is
this project still maintained. Did someone used it with MW 1.20.x and SMW
1.8.x?

2. When we are dealing with PHP-driven properties, we always produce special
properties. How can we create and manipulate properties related to userland
in PHP?

2.1 How can we avoid doubling of values in a string typed property?

2.2 How can we influence the display of PHP-generated properties in the
factbox?

3. Instead of the SF-API we want to use our already established MW-API
interface and poor PHP. Are there any additional resources how to manage
this CRUD-things...create, read, update, delete semantic properties on an
"official standard way" so that we can maintain our developments along this
official standards in the long term?

best regards and thank you for your help

Steve