On 23/02/13 17:36, Lists wrote:
> Hello Markus and the others,
>

> we are doing this in a "SMWStore::updateDataBefore" - handler. The property
> shows up in the browse function not in the "normal" article view. If this
> isn't functional how can we alter an existing property value with this
> handler?
> Let's say we have a property called "Edited by". This property should have
> the value (string) "Hans Bot" which would be set programatically in an
> "SMWStore::updateDataBefore - handler" while saving an article. How to
> archieve this?

Properties that should appear in the Factbox need to be added during
parsing, so you would have to use another MediaWiki hook that is
triggered during parsing. The SMWStore hook is called only when the page
is saved, so it does not happen at all on preview, so it cannot have any
effect on the Factbox. There are many MW hooks that run during parsing,
but we do not have a standard pattern or example code for hacking into
the system at this point, I think. You can have a look at the SMW code
if you like (SMWParseData implements the main methods used to store data
during parsing; most importantly, you can get the SMWSemanticData object
during parsing by calling SMWParseData::getSMWData( $parser ); if you
store data in there during parsing then it should appear in the Factbox).

Cheers,

Markus