Hi Jeroen,

it seems that the development of Maps and Semantic Maps has slowed down a bit
recently?

In my work for a first SMW installation in the City of Vienna I was asked
whether (and how) it would be possible to use the Vienna mapping services
instead of openlayer, google or yahoo. So we want to display data using
maps/semantic maps on the Vienna city map.

Is there some documentation on how to add a new mapping service?

There is some documentation on how to use the Viennese GIS API:
http://www.wien.gv.at/viennagis/bedienungshinweise/einbindung/generierter-code.html
http://www.wien.gv.at/viennagis/bedienungshinweise/einbindung/javascript.html

How good is your German yet? ;-)
Unfortunately, the English docs is quite basic:
http://www.wien.gv.at/english/help/citymap.html

regards,
Bernhard