Hey Bernhard,

I could work on Maps in my free time but am not doing so as there are other
more interesting projects at hand. You can of course hire me to work on it,
as is true for any MediaWiki or PHP work. Since I'd like to see my first
extension to continue being developed, I also consider doing this
substantially below my usual rate (depending on the exact things that need
to be done).

Of course you can hire other developers to work on it. I'd love to see good
work happen without my involvement. Unfortunately the code quality of the
extension is not the best, neither is the overall design, and it is lacking
tests for the most part. Plus it is hopelessly intermingled with MediaWiki
all over, while most of it could be independent from MW. I'm hoping this
can improve so it becomes a well crafted, clean and throughly tested piece
of software that can be worked on without having much knowledge of
MediaWiki. If you hire someone to work on it, please make sure they don't
go in the other direction.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw