Hey Joel,

We're actually getting some work done on Maps v2.x right now which we hope
> to "forwardport" to v3. Mostly polygon related stuff - smart labeling,
> hover, additional layers, autocenter, etc.

I find it somewhat odd you are adding to this obsolete branch (at least
from a dev perspective), and recommend against it. You'll just going to get
yourself into tricky porting work for 3.x.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw
http://www.bn2vs.com