Hey,

The point of this workshop is not to teach people SMW interfaces. The
amount of ground that can be covered in a one hour workshop aimed at
beginners is rather small. So however this is done, people will still not
know nearly all interfaces. So even if it was the case that this was likely
to change, which it is not, I'd not see it make much of a difference.
People still get to learn the workflow and they still get to learn how to
find things out while creating an SMW extension, which is the whole point.

If you have a suggestion for something that is not a result format that
could be created as part of the workshop, and that interfaces with code
that does not prevent writing tests for the new code, then I'd be happy to
hear about it. There is the Ask library, though that is likely to abstract
for much of the audience.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw