Hey all,

> I'll be linking the code here as soon as there is something substantial
to look at.

We're now 6 years later and I finally have something to show!

A quick recap: writing result formats for SMW is a big pain due to a number
of serious design issues. And testing is (almost??) impossible.

That is why I have designed a *new way to create result printers*. This is
still very much in draft stage (though perhaps not for long). So you cannot
use it yet to write new formats. However you can, and are encouraged to,
give feedback on the new design. You can find the code at
https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/pull/4313

The linked pull request has examples of registration and implementation,
which should give you a quick idea of what the new approach is like to work
with. After all, making this important SMW extension point easier to work
with is the core goal, so the primary thing *I want your feedback* on.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw | www.EntropyWins.wtf <https://entropywins.wtf> |
www.Professional.Wiki <https://professional.wiki/>