Short history:

With  Mediawiki 1.16 / Semantic Mediawiki 1.5.2 / Semantic Forms 0.4.1, you
could open a form, and in the free text area you could enable a rich text
editor, FCKeditor 1.0.1 (a.k.a. CKEditor).

Then there was SMW+, which went to Mediawiki 1.17 / SMW (not sure) / and
WYSIWYG, which I believe is an update to FCKeditor.  It had the same
functionality with Semantic Forms, and they improved it quite a bit over
FCKeditor.

The SMW+ is no longer what it used to be (I'll leave it at that, there are
plenty of discussions about it's status changes online), a group has been
updating the WYSIWYG extension to work with later versions of Mediawiki:

    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WYSIWYG

I've tried it, it's the best so far and very robust compared to FCKeditor.
It has a feature set that appears to greatly exceed that of the roadmap of
the VisualEditor effort:

    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:VisualEditor

particularly for those of us in a work environment where things like Word
import is valuable.  You can see a discussion about this here:

  http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.semediawiki.user/14775

Project Idea:

I suggest a project to get the WYSIWYG extension working with the latest
Semantic Forms, in a way that can be supported with little if any effort in
later versions of Semantic Forms.  I believe it would be a greatly
appreciated effort for more organizations than just mine.

Thanks, and good luck.

Sal