Hey,

> increasing the version number to 2.0, 3.0 etc. if/when it makes sense to
do that.

The thing is that we have not been doing this. Some of our last major
releases contained big breaking changes (DataItems, SQLStore3, Composer,
etc), and we did not increment the primary number. I do not expect to ever
have changes that are significantly more disruptive than those for any
future release.

> I don't think avoiding a 1.10, 1.11 etc. is by itself a good-enough
reason to jump to the next number

Agreed. This is a weak argument for picking the next release to make the
change if we decide to do so. It is not an argument for making the change
itself. (In fact, you cannot reason like that if you stick to semver.)

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw
http://www.bn2vs.com