Hello Yaron & List,

I have been a SMW user for 2 years now, and my liking of this software has
been constantly rising ever since then. I have just completed my first
little piece of code (part of SRF) and will ask the community in the coming
days whether it would be worthwhile offering it for inclusion to SRF.

There is one idea about SMW I have been wanting and wondering about more
than once. I am inclined to put this on the idea/suggestion list mentioned
below. But before doing so I would highly appreciate to get a few
statements/opinions of experienced SMW folks (i.e. some of you guys)
whether this might simply be a dumb or completely unfeasible idea, not
worth bothering the SCoC suggestion list with.

The idea is, simply put, to write an extension or even modify SMW core by
an option that allows users to modify property values within #ask-result
tables. E.g. you have pages of objects containing a price property, you do
a query, and could then edit the resulting list with new prices. A special
"write back properties" then modifies all the values in the source pages.

I am fully aware that this would be quite some task, and even the concept
requires thoughtful consideration (what happens with pages containing a
property more than once, etc.pp.). However I have had many user requests
that seemed to justify to at least give it a try.

Any kind of comment (be frank, please) is appreciated.

Regards,
Hans