Hey all,

I am happy to announce the third release candidate for Semantic MediaWiki
2.0 is now available.

Semantic MediaWiki 2.0 is the next big release, which brings new features
and many enhancements. Most notably vastly improved SPARQL store support,
including a brand new connector for Jena Fuseki.

Preliminary release notes:
https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/blob/master/docs/RELEASE-NOTES.md
Compatibility tables:
https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/blob/master/docs/COMPATIBILITY.md

The target for the actual 2.0 release is August 3rd. This release candidate
is meant to gather feedback and to provide you with a peak at 2.0 already.
If you find any issues, please report them on our issue tracker.

https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/issues

### Upgrading instructions ###

If you are using SMW via Composer, update the version in your composer.json
to "~2.0@rc" and run "composer update". If you where running dev versions
of the 1.9 series using "~1.9@dev" or similar, switch to "~2.0@dev". Note
that several extensions to SMW, such as Semantic Maps and Semantic Result
Formats, do not yet have any stable release which is installable together
with SMW 2.x. If you are also running those, you will likely have to switch
them to use a development version.

If you are using the tarballs, you can download SMW 2.0 RC3 here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/semediawiki/files/semediawiki/Semantic%20MediaWiki%202.0%20RC3/

More detailed upgrading instructions will be made available for the 2.0
release.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw - http://www.bn2vs.com