Triple = "subject-predicate-object" .... all are required
Without a specified value, then the object is unspecified
... so the model you wonder about becomes just "subject-predicate"
... thereby breaking the predominant model we live with
I suppose http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-mt/ can explain in more detail.
good luck & thanks for your contributions
/john