http://www.mikechurch.com/transcripts/american-exceptionalism-and-unjust-wars

Trifkovic: Netanyahu Wants War

Transcript of the Mike Church Show live interview, posted March 16, 2015

Mike: Dr. Srdja Trifkovic is on the Dude Maker Hotline with us, live from
Belgrade, Serbia. You had written about how Benjamin Netanyahu, the Prime
Minister of Israel, doesn’t want any of these negotiations [with Iran], doesn’t
want a nuclear deal, certainly doesn’t want the United States and the P5 to
enter into any sort of an arrangement with the Iranians. Why not?

Trifkovic: Because he wants the United States to fight a war against Iran. It’s
crudely put but accurate. What he suggests is a zero nuclear program, which
means no enrichment for medical purposes, no enrichment for electricity
generation. That would put Iran outside the pale of other signatories of
nonproliferation treaties – of which Israel is not a signatory, by the way. It
will never be accepted in Tehran, regardless of the kind of regime – whether
it’s Islamic, whether it’s monarchist, whether it’s Persian nationalist. To cut
a long story short, the checks and balances put on Iran under the current
proposal make it well nigh impossible to jump to nuclear weaponry. It would
take really a complete abdication of Western intelligence agencies and
International Atomic Agency supervision program to perform such a feat. I am
not suggesting for a moment that the Iranians should get a bomb. I’m just
saying, if you want to follow Netanyahu’s prescription, it is really whether
Iran fights for what – reasonably speaking – is the right to enrich to five
percent or ten percent or fifteen percent, or whether you want an outright ban,
which no self-respecting sovereign country will ever accept.

Mike: If they don’t accept it – when you say war, that means he wants the
United States to start a war with the Iranians. Unfortunately, most of the
American neocon population that’s not in the political class has bought that
this is the inevitable solution here, as though the 3,000-year-old people of
Persia that we call Iran today… as though this is going to be some sort of
cakewalk that Iraq was supposed to be. These people are significantly advanced
both militarily and otherwise, aren’t they?

Trifkovic: I’m really glad you mentioned Iraq. Netanyahu told Congress in 2002,
“Once Saddam has nuclear weapons, the terror network will have nuclear
weapons.” He said, “If you take out Saddam, I guarantee you that it will have
enormous positive reverberations on the region.” We know what the
reverberations have been. Iraq is in chaos. Iran is actually more influential
in Baghdad now than it would ever have been under Saddam.